Sunday 22 July 2012


Those of you that have been on the betting service for a while, will be aware that I had intended having 2 Tipsters working for us, to cover the flat season this Summer.  Having trialled a number of people earlier in the year, I couldn't find anyone of the calibre that I wanted, so I decided to stick with just Toby for the flat, and have David cover the top end of National Hunt.

One of the reasons I was looking for 2 tipsters for the turf, was that when one tipster was out of form, the other tipster would hopefully be in form, which would reduce the length of a losing run.  This didn't materialise, but I have continued to trial other tipsters over the last few months.  For whatever reason, every tipster that I have trialled over a 3 month period, hasn't managed to produce a profit, with the exception of one guy, who I will come on to shortly.

This losing tipster phenomenon, hasn't just been restricted to people that I have been trialling.  I've been reliably informed that the 2 best known tipsters in the industry, Tom Segal, in the Racing Post, and Hugh Taylor, from At The Races, have had a torrid time of things too.  Hugh Taylor has had only 1 winner from his last 72 bets, whilst Tom Segal hasn't had a winning month since January! Everyone seems to be blaming the weather and the going, but surely everyone can't be having losing runs?

Well no, actually they are not.  Toby introduced me to a guy called Aidan Fox, who used to work for another tipping service a few years ago, prior to going it alone as a Professional Punter.  Aidan doesn't touch the flat, as he focuses solely on National Hunt racing.  His record since I started trialling him has been good, and the types of bets he looks for are similar to Toby's.  He focuses on the handicaps, and very rarely gets involved in novice races.  He's not as keen as Toby to write a detailed analysis behind the bet, but has agreed to write a short script about his selections.

With there being a decent National Hunt card at Market Rasen this weekend, I thought it would be a good time to add Aidan to the team.  His inclusion will not cost you anything extra per month, and it is up to you whether you back his selections, or like I've done, monitor them for a few weeks.

Personally I'm happy with his work, and will be including his selections in our betting record from now on.  I will start sending his bets out in the usual manner, starting from tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment